Baking Bread with Brewer’s Yeast and Sourdough Starter
Bread baking, like brewing beer, is based on combining four basic ingredients: water, flour, salt and yeast. You have no doubt heard beer referred to as liquid bread. The comparison between making bread and beer is strengthened by the fact that you can make bread using brewer’s yeast, but, you shouldn’t make beer with bread yeast.
- Not In My Kitchen
- A Well Fed Sourdough Starter Makes a Happy Pet
- How to use your sourdough sponge.
- Customer Questions about Sourdough Starter
Sourdough Bread Baking Supplies
Welcome to Leeners Bake Shop! Baking your own bread is a rewarding and economical alternative to buying processed and pre-packaged baked goods.
We carry the finest ingredients to make your own fresh sourdough bread and big soft pretzels. Follow the links below for specific product categories. Ingredients are sold individually so you can replenish your kits anytime! We invite beginners to visit our Learn section for tips and tricks. Our Make section has delicious recipes.
Creating Unique Breads and Other Baked Goods From the Four Basic Ingredients
You can bake great breads and homemade pretzels with four ingredients and a little effort. The trick is in the way those four ingredients are brought together using “artisan” methods and techniques. When it comes to bread recipes, the process is just as important as the ingredient list.
- Fast Bread Machine Sourdough
- French bread recipe for using sourdough in your bread machine.
- Focaccia Bread
- Homemade bread recipe for Italian style Focaccia Bread.
- Pizza Margherita
- Make your own real Italian pizza with our traditional pizza recipe.
- Jim’s Pizza Bread with Italian Sausage
- Pizza bread recipe using brewer’s yeast and fresh garlic oil topped with Italian sausage and peppers.