Baking Bread with Brewer’s Yeast and Sourdough Starter
Bread baking, like brewing beer, is based on combining four basic ingredients: water, flour, salt and yeast. You have no doubt heard beer referred to as liquid bread. The comparison between making bread and beer is strengthened by the fact that you can make bread using brewer’s yeast, but, you shouldn’t make beer with bread yeast.
- Not In My Kitchen
- A Well Fed Sourdough Starter Makes a Happy Pet
- How to use your sourdough sponge.
- Customer Questions about Sourdough Starter
BIG Soft Pretzel Making Kit
Complete recipes and all the dry ingredients needed to make three great recipes; the Beer Pretzel, Twisted Mary Pretzel and Apple Breakfast Pretzel. Recipes make four pretzels each. The kit includes: specialty flour, vital wheat gluten, brewer’s yeast, coarse sea salt, baking soda, corn meal, a basting brush, recipes and a twisting practice rope.
Creating Unique Breads and Other Baked Goods From the Four Basic Ingredients
You can bake great breads and homemade pretzels with four ingredients and a little effort. The trick is in the way those four ingredients are brought together using “artisan” methods and techniques. When it comes to bread recipes, the process is just as important as the ingredient list.
- Fast Bread Machine Sourdough
- French bread recipe for using sourdough in your bread machine.
- Focaccia Bread
- Homemade bread recipe for Italian style Focaccia Bread.
- Pizza Margherita
- Make your own real Italian pizza with our traditional pizza recipe.
- Jim’s Pizza Bread with Italian Sausage
- Pizza bread recipe using brewer’s yeast and fresh garlic oil topped with Italian sausage and peppers.